Tuesday, 5 January 2010

From George Harrison To Dead Or Alive

I've been digging up those songs which I remember so well from my youth, the ditties that played over the car stereo while mother drove me and my brother to school, some which I have not heard in years, and was quite surprised to learn who actually sang them, being an ill-educated whelp and without a map to guide me through the land of music.

For instance, I had no idea that George Harrison of the Beatles fame had written While My Guitar Gently Weeps or Dream Away (thanks goes to the Bear for that last), and now I also know that he wrote Got My Mind Set On You. I must really get this man's cds.

And Dead Or Alive's You Spin Me Round is fantastic. Give it a look and marvel at the hair. The Hair!!

All good stuff to put on one's ipod or musical thingymajig, if one can get itunes to work that is. I had to install/unistall several bloody times only to find that my lovely new laptop won't recognise my Aether Shanties cd. I am very displeased.

But Dream Away will cheer me up. All together now!!! Oh ry in eye ay, oh ry in eye ay, oh ry in eye key ooh lay, ka lay ooh lau ee, oh ry in eye, salu tay lee ay vee show! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment