Friday, 8 January 2010

Isis Astarte Diana Hecate Demeter Kali Inanna

Inkubus Sukkubus are fucking amazing. I haven't been this excited about a band since Abney Park and Nightwish before them.

I bought Wytches some time ago and didn't get the chance to listen to it until yesterday, and right from the first listen I was hooked. I was recommended by a friend, one Mr Christopher Brosnahan of GeekplanetOnline, but you just can't communicate how amazing I.S are, you have to listen and be left dumbstruck.

They are an alternative band focusing mainly on paganism and witchcraft as subject matter, with an astounding female lead vocalist and lyricist. Listening to the song Wytches, I feel as if I am with sisters out under a moonbright sky, celebrating our mother goddess with song and dance in wild fields and meadows. It is completely intoxicating music.

No comments:

Post a Comment