Wednesday, 9 November 2011

Oxfam Is Cool

I love working/volunteering at Oxfam.  Yes it's not a paying job, but there are books galore, and I get to read while I'm on the till!  And I can take a break whenever I want, and drink hot chocolate, which is yummy and my version of crack cocaine, especially if served with a plethora of mini marshmellows.

And people are nice, which is more important.  My manager isn't all, "Targets!  Targets!  MUST MEET OUR TARGETS!  WORK HARDER OR I WILL STRIKE YOU WITH WHIPPETS!"  She is a lovely relaxed lady, quite impressed with my knowledge of sci-fi as pertaining to books and old action figures.  I ACTUALLY HELD AN ORIGINAL PLANET OF THE APES GORILLA SOLDIER!

And yesterday at Oxfam I was indescribably incandescent with pleasure when I saw what had been donated recently.  MINT CONDITION IRON MAIDEN VINYL RECORDS!  LIKE, TEN OF THEM!  Man I wish I had the dough....

I'm working there tomorrow, and can safely say its the first job I have really enjoyed.  Just wish I got paid, and all would be perfection.

3 comments:

  1. Keep your eye out for transformers and the Llama and I will gladly take them off Oxfam's hands :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whippets. :)

    A small dog or a marshmellow cookie. For the animal lovers who think that throwing small dogs at an underling is evil, there are always teh cookies. :)

    ReplyDelete